Home and School Communication
Bloomingdale Public Schools recognize the importance of good communication between parents and their child’s teachers. Parents may call the Main Office of any school and leave a non-urgent message for faculty members, or they may choose to contact a teacher directly via district email.
Email has become the most expedient method to contact someone, and therefore, the district requests that parents consider the following guidelines when attempting to contact a district teacher.
- Email should be used to communicate messages that don’t require an immediate response.
- Occasionally, issues with the district file server may delay emails from being sent or received by the teacher. Please allow 24 hours to elapse before making follow-up contact.
- Teachers may or may not access email on weekends or school holidays. A parent should expect an answer to an email sent on a Friday the next school day.
- It is sometimes very difficult to interpret tone in an email. Please state your question clearly and respectfully to alleviate any misunderstandings.
- Please make every effort to work out concerns with a personal meeting whenever possible. A two-way dialogue in person can often solve a problem more effectively.
Please notify the Main Office if your email address changes at any time during the course of the school year.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Superintendent of Schools